Wednesday 20 June 2018

Create the Rainbow

There are just 10 more days to take advantage of the fabulous Create the Rainbow special during June!

During the month of June, add colour to your cardmaking and scrapbooking with the Create the Rainbow special! This special features exclusive cardstock bundles, individual spools of Fundamentals ribbon, and select embellishments at 25% off the retail price. You can pick and choose the colors that fit your projects best. As you create the rainbow yourself, add an extra splash of color with the special's exclusive Be a Rainbow stamp set (D1813).
When you host a party that reaches $400 of Hostess Rewards or higher, you can choose one Create the Rainbow cardstock bundle, FREE. That’s up to a $15 value, totally free!
Anyone who becomes a Close To My Heart Consultant in June can choose one Create the Rainbow cardstock bundle, FREE. That’s up to a $15 value, totally free!
I have had fun creating with some of the cardstock from the Rainbow! (I forgot to order the stamp set at the beginning of the month, so am waiting for it to arrive so I can create with it too!)

At my monthly workshop last week, we created this layout. It is very simple, but I think it is a great way to showcase some of the photos that help us remember our trip to Sydney last October. I used the cardstock colours from the Rainbow Cardstock pack - Cranberry, Tangerine, Lemon, Willow, Pacifica & Pansy. To create my title, I used the Block Alphabet Thin Cuts. The frames were created by adapting a frame on the CTMH You Are Here Cricut Cartridge in Design Space. (My Design Space file for the frames can be found here!


For this first card, I just used scraps of the Rainbow cardstock cut into 1/4" strips added to the card base. I then used the Basic Ovals Thin Cuts and Pansy cardstock to cut a mat for my sentiment and the Stitched Oval Thin Cuts and White Daisy Cardstock for the sentiment. This was stamped using M1186 - Happy Birthday Stamp set and the Black Ink Pad. 


This 2nd card is similar to the first, but I added Black Cardstock with the strips added vertically. I stamped the sentiment in Pansy and added some sequins from my stash (these are from the retired Prickly Pear collection).


For my last card, I used White Daisy, Cranberry, Tangerine, Lemon, Willow, Pacifica & Pansy cardstock, C1724 - Nights of Lights Stamp Set, M1186 - Happy Birthday Stamp Set, Cranberry, Tangerine, Lemon, Willow, Pacifica & Pansy Ink Pads, Stitched Circles Thin Cuts, 3D Foam Tape. The strips of cardstock are different widths - depending on the scraps I had left in my stash. 
I think these 3 cards are a great way to use up some of your stash of scraps!
Come back again soon and see what is new and what I have been creating!
Doreen

1 comment:

Scrappy Lynn' Paper Crafting said...

I am making this layout today!! Thank you for the inspiration and the cut files!!