Sunday 17 May 2015

Thank you Ann (& George)

Twelve years ago, I held my first scrapbooking retreat with my friend and fellow consultant, Wendy with about 20 ladies in a small venue. It was a fabulous weekend with many new friendships made, lots of pages completed and not much sleep. The following year, because of the time of year, our numbers were down, prices were up so we held a much smaller event in a very tiny venue, but had lots of fun! Then, 10years ago, we moved to the current location - although not the same venue. Wendy and I planned to do the cooking as well as run the event, but one of our wonderful customers offered her mum, Ann, to do the cooking for us! And we did not look back! Ann has been with us for 10 years now - making sure we are well fed! In her second year, she brought her husband George along to help out! And he has been with us for 9 years! Ann bakes in advance and also during the weekend, so we have lots of fabulous food to keep us going. There is a standing order for her potato and leek soup for lunch on Saturday and she always cooks a roast dinner for Saturday night. We all come home from the weekend a couple of kilos heavier, because we can't say no to all the yummy food Ann & George prepare for us. A couple of years ago, George started spoiling the ladies by cooking porridge for breakfast! - it has always just been get your own cereal and/or toast. 

So to celebrate 10years of Ann being with us, I decided to make her a special gift. Of course it had to be a "paper" gift - because that is what I love doing and am good at. I think the Brushed paper suits Ann very well, so that was what I used. First I needed a card to get all the ladies from retreat to sign.



I used my Cricut Explore and Design Space to make a card in the shape of a cup.The inside is blank, so all the ladies at the retreat can write a message to Ann if they wish to. 
I added an extra sheet to the card organiser to add miscellaneous cards in. 


 The bag is full of cards to go in the organsier.

I am so thankful that Ann's daughter, Leanne, invited her mum to help with the cooking 10 years ago. She is a part of our retreat family. And I can't forget Leanne either. She always helps her mum with baking before the event and is the best kitchen cleaner I think I know. The kitchen always sparkles by the time we leave! 

Thank you, Ann, George and Leanne! 

Doreen

No comments: