Friday 16 October 2015

My Convention Competition page

This is my double page layout that I entered in our Annual Close To My Heart Convention, held in Brisbane this week. In my eyes it is the winning layout! It reminds me of why I scrapbook. The left page was inspired by the Sangria Layout on page 38 of the Annual Inspirations catalogue. The right page was inspired by the photos.



Our gorgeous daughter, Ali, went on her first school mission and cultural trip to Normanton in far North Queensland in May this year. It was a decision she had to really think about as none of her close friends were going  - and at almost 15, friends are very important and it was a great unknown. Ali &I attended the information night at school - after which I thought she might decide against going as there would be a few things she would have to do on the trip that were way outside her comfort zone. But, she prayed about it, and armed with all the available information, decided she would apply. This meant an interview - something she doesn't enjoy  - and having to wait to hear if she was successful. Well, she was accepted as part of the 17 student, 4 teacher team to go. She wasn't absolutely certain it was the right decision, but had to trust that it was. On the day she was leaving she still had doubts, but had spent time during the previous school term with the team and got to know some of the a bit more. You have no idea how relieved I was when the first text message came through telling us she loved it! The photos on these pages show some of the really special moments she enjoyed on that trip. We are so proud of her and are amazed at her growth from that experience. 
To create this page I used 
  • Urban paper pack
  • Colonial White cardstock
  • Sapphire cardstock
  • Whisper Extra Thick Twine
  • D1660 - Ink Blot stamp set
  • Whisper Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
  • Saffron Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
Come back again soon and see what else I have been creating and what's new.

Doreen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it Doreen, just as I love all your art, you're very clever, and provide a constant source of inspiration for me. Thank you.

Papercrafting with Doreen said...

Thank you, Megan, for your kind words. I am glad I can an inspiration.