Saturday 11 February 2017

Shaker Cards

Just before Christmas I made a couple of shaker cards. Now I can't stop making them. I have used some of the Close To My Heart Thin Cuts to make some and my Cricut Explore to make others! Recently, friends became grandparents for the first time so I made a shaker card for them and some extras too.

I use the CTMH Flip Flaps to add the sequins and other shaker items to my cards. To help the items "shake" I use CTMH 3D Foam Tape or CTMH Thin 3D Foam Tape on the back of my cards. I have found that the best sized Flip Flaps is 3" x 3" or 3" x 4". 

These are some of my most recent shaker cards.

 To cut the circle on this card I used the NEW Basic Circles Thin Cuts

I used the CTMH Artbooking Cricut Cartridge to cut the shape for this card. The sentiment is from the Flower Market Cricut Cartridge


I used the CTMH Artbooking Cricut Cartridge to cut the shape for this card. The sentiment is from the Flower Market Cricut Cartridge. I also cut the shape in coloured cardstock (Raspberry) and added that behind the shaker for this one. 

I used the CTMH Artbooking Cricut Cartridge to cut the shape for this card. The sentiment is from the Flower Market Cricut Cartridge. I also cut the shape in coloured cardstock (Sea Glass) and added that behind the shaker for this one.  


 I used the CTMH Artbooking Cricut Cartridge to cut the shape for this card. The sentiment is from the Flower Market Cricut Cartridge. I also cut the shape in coloured cardstock (Raspberry) and added that behind the shaker for this one. 


To cut the Dragon Fly on this card, I used the Dreamin' big Cardmaking Bundle Stamp Set and Thin Cuts. I then stamped the dragonfly with Versamark Ink Pad and embossed it with silver embossing powder on the base of my card before adding the shaker element on top.  
For this card, I cut the butterflies using the Dreamin' big Cardmaking Bundle Stamp Set and Thin Cuts. I then stamped the butterfly with Versamark Ink Pad and embossed it with silver embossing powder on the base of my card before adding the shaker element on top. 

This card was made for my daughter's friend's birthday. I cut the circle with the NEW Basic Circles Thin Cuts, and the Dragonfly and Butterflies with the Dreamin' big Cardmaking Bundle Stamp Set and Thin Cuts. I stamped the critters with Lagoon, Pear & Sea Glass Ink Pads and used the Versamark Ink Pad and Silver Embossing powder for the sentiments. To finish off, I used the Clear Shimmer Brush on the critters. 

Come back again soon and see what else I have been creating.

Doreen

2 comments:

Heather JP said...

Beautiful fun cards!!

Papercrafting with Doreen said...

Thank you, Heather. They are fun to make too!