Saturday 15 July 2017

Prickly Pear Australasian Blog Hop


Hello and welcome aboard our Prickly Pear Australasian Close To My Heart Blog Hop. If you have arrived here from Shaunna's blog, then you are in the right place. If you landed here by accident, no problem, please join in by following the link at the end of this post.

Sometimes I like to create my own layout from scratch and other times I use ideas I have seen on Pinterest, but I often use the Close To My Heart Idea books. For this layout I used Pattern #9 from Make It From Your Heart Vol 1 (p22-23) as my inspiration.

We have 3 fur babies (a dog and two cats) in our family, but Evie is the most mischievous! She is also the easiest to photograph!
I used the flower print paper from Prickly Pear to created a shaped mat - cut using my Cricut from the Artistry Cricut Cartridge. In Design Space, I sliced the top of the shape off and resized to suit. 
To add to my layout, I inked the edges of all the papers using Sea Glass, Lemon & Poppy Ink Pads with sponge daubers. The daisies are also cut on the Cricut from the Flower Market Cricut Cartridge. 
I used the July Stamp of the Month (S1707 - Storybook Alphabet) to stamp the title using the Black Memento Ink Pad and coloured the letters with ShinHan Twin Touch Markers. I then cut each letter out and added them to the page using Thin 3D Foam Tape.



I chose colours from the ShinHan Twin Touch Markers to coordinate with the Prickly Pear Papers that I used. The colours used were: Turquoise Blue, Leaf Green, Golden Yellow & Light Orange.


Thin 3D Foam tape was used to add a little dimension to the Prickly Pear complements. 


I also cut a journalling box from White Daisy Cardstock the same shape as the mat.

The Prickly Pear Workshop Your Way collection can be yours for just $41.00 or you can order the individual components from your CTMH Consultant.

If you do not have a consultant, pleas contact me or place an order here.

I'd love you to leave a comment before heading off to the next stop, Kylie, to see what crafty goodness she has for you.

The products I have used to create this layout are:
Make It From Your Heart Volume 2
Prickly Pear Paper Pack
Prickly Pear Complements
Prickly Pear Sequins
White Daisy Cardstock
Sea Glass Cardstock
S1707 - Storybook Alphabet (July SoM - only available during July 2017)
Black Memento Ink Pad
Sea Glass Ink Pad
Lemon Ink Pad
Poppy Ink Pad
Sponge Daubers
ShinHan Twin Touch Markers: Turquoise Blue, Golden Yellow, Light Orange, Leaf Green
Tombow Adhesive
Glue Dots - to adhere each layer of the daisies

Come back again and see what else I have been creating and what is NEW.

Doreen


8 comments:

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous layout you have made. Evie is just adorable.

Doris Taylor said...

Our fur babies are so much a part of our families and preserving our memories of them is very important. Your layout is great.

Nell said...

Well done Doreen! Another beautiful layout. Awesome to see you on the blog hop!

Vandra said...

I really love the shape you've used in your layout (I don't know what its called with the pointy edge), I like how you did the big one on the left and the small on the right. it looks awesome in the floral paper.

Shaunna Richards said...

I love this layout Doreen. Nice balance and great colour combos

Ali Scraps said...

Very cute Doreen

Anonymous said...

Lovely Layout & loved how you used the Prickly Pear Paper Pack

clevercrafts-cherylthomas.blogspot.com.au said...

I enjoyed reading your blog and what a gorgeous layout, thanks for sharing Doreen. I have started using my books to get some CTMH ideas (they have laid dormant for a number of years), although I too google ideas!