Monday 5 September 2016

Christmas is Coming.....

I can't believe it is September already! So that means with the NEW Holiday Expressions catalogue, there is lots of gorgeous Christmas goodies! And I have had some fun playing with a few of these goodies already.

One of my favourite (if I had to choose just one) is the NEW Nativity themed stamp set (D1704 - A Child is Born).

So I have been busy creating some cards using it.

 This was the first card I created with this stamp set - inspired by the one on page 39 of the NEW Holiday Expressions catalogue. I stamped all the images except Baby Jesus onto the white card, then coloured using the ShinHan Twin Touch Markers. Because I matted the white with our NEW Sea Glass cardstock, I chose colours to coordinate and loved it. Baby Jesus was stamped on a scrap of cardstock then I cut around the image once coloured and added it with 3D Foam Tape. 


For this card, I used the same layout as the first one, but cut around all images, adding Thin 3D Foam Tape behind all the images except Baby Jesus, where I added 3D Foam Tape so it would stand out further. I wanted to frame my Nativity scene, so I cut a frame to add to the card before adding the stable roof and Baby Jesus. 


I had seen a floral card on Pinterest that inspired me to make my 3rd card. First, sponged the card base with Sapphire ink, then I stamped the stars in Versamark ink and gold embossed. Then I cut a triangle from a piece of Colonial White Cardstock so that the Star of the East could be seen in the gap at the top. I stamped the Baby Jesus image using Black Archival stamp pad, then coloured the image using the CTMH Watercolour Pencils. The Sentiment is stamped in Black Ink then the image was added using Thin 3D Foam tape. This piece was then added to the card base using 3D Foam Tape.


For this card, I stamped, coloured and cut two each of the images (except the cow and sheep), then added them with Thin 3D Foam Tape or 3D Foam Tape for Baby Jesus. I wanted this card to be able to used as a decoration if desired so I made a 6" x 6" Easel Card and covered the bases with the Woodgrain printed paper from the NEW Rustic Home Paper Pack. I am really pleased with how this card turned out!

Come back again soon and see what else is NEW and what I have been creating. 

Doreen

No comments: